Monday, September 3, 2007

Half Dome was AMAZING

The months of running, rowing, hiking, stair climbing, eating right(ish) paid off. I made it to the top of half-dome! Hiking is such a personal experience for me. I love the time with myself to disconnect and reflect.

The day started dark and early around 4 a.m. After breaking camp and driving into Little Yosemite we got started on the trail around 6 am. Two granite staircases for what seemed like miles, endless switchbacks in the forest, eating salami (which I usually detest but was the best tasting thing ever!), seeing half-dome rise into the sky after having hiked for hours, self-doubt, self-talk and finally hauling myself up the cables, the view was worth it - the sense of accomplishment was even more worth it.

The continued success of this weight loss journey is going to be very mental. I need to stop thinking of myself as the slow, sluggish girl I was and start truly thinking of myself as the strong, active successful person I am.

And now I can say I've hiked Half Dome!

1 comment:

Blossom said...

That picture of it is SCARY! Way to go for doing it!