Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend: Success

This weekend went really well. I said my good-byes, although I don't think it's really hit me that he's going to die in a few weeks. I learned an important lesson where food is concerned. I took control and offered to make lunch/dinner on Saturday and Sunday, leaving me able to plan and feed everyone what I wanted. This put my Mom as ease, as I know she's super stressed and hates cooking, allowed me to have control over what I ate and show off some newly acquired cooking skills.

We had Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary with a hot broccoli pasta salad on Saturday for dinner and my very own Hamburger recipe grilled in the backyard with grilled corn on the cob, cold pasta salad and watermelon on Sunday. I got to enjoy the company of my grandpa, parents, sister, best friend and her husband and kids and didn't worry once about the food!

And you know what? It paid off at the scale. Down 1.6 today to 183.4. I'm not back to where I was a month ago (178) but this is a lifestyle change and I don't except losing weight to be easy. It paid off even more giving me a sense of accomplishment at being able to cope with real life.

No comments: