Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Contract for Success

I, Reformed Fat Chick, hereby agree and commit to take the following steps to improve my accountability to myself and increase my chances for weight loss success:
  • I will not let one small slip-up convince me that I'm stupid, worthless, or a lost cause. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse, and I will find positive ways to comfort and support myself when I’m having a hard time. Specifically, I will blog about my feelings, look at how far I've come, read my list of things about me that I like.
  • I will not sacrifice my own needs to make other people happy, or do for them what they can and should be doing for themselves. When there is a conflict between my exercise and eating plans and what other people want me to do, I will negotiate to find a reasonable solution that allows me to do what I need to do for myself.
  • I choose to be in charge of my own decisions and behavior. I will not talk, think, or act as if my cravings or subconscious made me do it. I will ask myself what’s most important to me at that moment and make my decision. If I don’t like the consequences, I will try something different the next time.

Special thanks to this handy little article.

1 comment:

GUNNY said...

What kills me is a little slip up that leads me to say, "Today is shot. Might as well have some ice cream."

So, I live in a perpetual state of "the diet starts tomorrow" (which is code for "better enjoy today).

I'd probably be better off if I never intended to diet.

; - )