Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vegas Restaurant Round-up

I'm embracing my 188 weigh in today (yes, I've recommitted again and am back on track) with a review of the Las Vegas restaurants that contributed to the gain.

1. Aureole was amazing. Simply amazing. I had a apricot infused cheese thing for the appetizer (the special) and Roasted rack of Colorado lamb - tender lamb stuffed Campari tomato, braised flageolet beans, Nicoise olives and Rosemary Jus -for the main course and a Dark chocolate Mint Bar with spearmint ice cream Terrine dark mint chocolate - chocolate fudge sauce, mint essence - dessert yummyness. The ambiance was serene and peaceful. Was with a journalist, so super formal work mode. The couple at the table next to me got engaged, which was adorable! Rating: A.

2. Fleur de Lys was also a great meal. I had a nice salad to start and then a steak. YUM! The dessert had a Basil ice cream. It was a little weird but then started to grow on you. I was in a big group, work related, so the atmosphere was fun, but it was still work, so it's not like anyone was dancing on the tables. Rating: A-

3. Hit Red, White and Blue for a burger and post-crazy meal. Burger. Good. Fried. Good. Onion Rings. Good. Brownie extravaganza. Scrumptious. Shared the dessert with a co-worker, so I feel sightly better about that. The dense, crisp yet chewy brownies stacked with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with gooey fudge made for an amazing, sinful end to the "restaurant" eating at the conference. Rating: B+

4. In and Out Burger. Shout out to my favorite burger joint! I live in Cali. and honestly this is the only burger place I hit when feeling the fast food need (about once a month). Rating: C+ (my animal style onions were all squished at the bottom, so not the best I've had there.)

5. Il Fornaio - Had some great pizza here after riding the NY, NY roller coaster. It was a little scrimpy on the toppings and the crust was super thin, so not all that filling, but the spicy flavor in the sauce was delicious. Rating: B-

There was some various hotel food, fruit cups, yogurt, etc. consumed through out the week, nothing else really noteworthy. Overall, Vegas you were fun, but I can't eat like that every week.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I wish there was In&Out over on the east coast. Sigh.

Saw this and thought you would get a kick out of it:
http://www.threadless.com/product/948/Skip_Dessert