Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dating "Gym" and sleeping

Went to the gym last night (I think I'm going to start telling my extended family I'm dating "gym" so they'll leave me alone about being, *GASP* 25 and single - I am totally happy with it) and had a great workout. Did my 3K of rowing that I like to warm up with, and then ran/walked fast on the treadmill for 30 minutes. It felt really good, I slept well and I feel more in control.

It seems when I work out, I need to sleep less - I still sleep a lot - but less than if I don't work out. When I was younger I wanted to be one of those people who got by on 4 hours of sleep. Well, that just isn't going to work. Even when I work out, I need 8 good hours of sleep to be useful the next day. And when I don't work out, I like 9-10 hours of sleep. And naps. Oh, naps are heavenly. I must remember this great feeling of accomplishment and control and power that eating right and working out gives me. Maybe I should take it up a notch from just dating "gym" to making him my boyfriend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sometimes say that I am dating my step instructor because I see him 3 times a week.

Just Me said...

Heehee, i love it!