Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reasons I love Trail Running

1. Alone time - It's nice to disconnect from the cell, blackberry, office, life obligations, etc.
2. Silence - Just me and the birds, wind and occasional squirrel.
3. Being in nature - I'll have to take a camera with me sometime, Northern California is simply beautiful.
4. My butt - It's really getting a nice shape.
5. The thrill - Nothing beats the push of going up a hill only to fly down the other side.
6. When I suck, then I'm just hiking - I'm still new at this, so when I push myself too hard, or just can't do it anymore - hey, I'm hiking! Still sounds impressive.
7. Boys - Trail running/hiking makes for a great date.
8. The views - The SF skyline gets me every time.
9. Legs - I might not be embarrassed by jiggly thighs in a few months, this is still to be determined.
10. It's free! - I'm a cheapskate, and I hate the gym, hate paying for it and hate the pretentiousness of it. And it's free!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I would love to take up trail running someday!