Monday, June 25, 2007

They called me a runner!!!

What a beautiful weekend!! On Saturday morning my roomie and I went out for a run/hike. At the end of our hike, when we about a half mile from the car, we passed an older woman, walking her two dogs and clinging to the side of the trail. We went past and then stopped, went back and asked if she needed help. Turns out she's terrified of hiking but has been doing it for a couple of years and won't give up. So we helped her with her dogs until the trail got a little easier. Clumsy me managed to slip on some rocks and scrape my knee up. Nothing new, I'm clumsy and it's a great looking battle scar.

Sunday, after church, I decided to go out again and really push myself. So I ran way more than I ever have (WOO HOO!!!!) and when I passed a family, they called out ahead to someone in their group, "watch out, there's a runner." I couldn't stop smiling, someone else called me a runner!!!!! I'm a runner and it feels darned good. Even though my knee is killing me today, I don't care. I can do this!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

YOU ARE A RUNNER!!!!!