Thursday, July 5, 2007

Content and Happy

I am content - truly happy with what I have in life. There are, of course, ways I still want to improve myself, things I want to do, but my life is pretty darned amazing. I don't know if I've ever been truly content before. I was reading my journal from a couple of years ago when I first moved to Cali. and one thing I wrote about was that I wasn't really comfortable with me - just me. I wasn't sure how to just be with myself. It was like reading the thoughts of a completely different person. I love being alone now - not in a sad way - in a truly comfortable with myself way. It's nice to worry what others think and use that energy on much worthier pursuits.

Fourth of July was fantastic. Loud fireworks on the beach with friends, a sunburn, a quick run in the morning, good food. I'm grateful to live in a country where I am free to live my life as I choose. Happy America!

No comments: