Friday, July 27, 2007

Stress

So I find I react to stress in two ways. 1. I eat everything in sight. 2. I forget to eat. Work has me SUPER SUPER stressed right now. I knew I'd have a month of stress, so for weeks one and most of two - I ate. Everything and anything. I felt so sick and not in control. 6 pounds later, I decided this had to stop.

On Wednesday, a switch went off and I went to mode two. I forget to eat and it's suddenly it's 5:30 pm and I've had waffles and some water. I am making an effort to control how I react to the stress. I am eating regularly and the right things. I am going to the gym (since by the time I get to working out it's dark!) for now. I want to hit the trails again, but am happy that I'm reacting in a healthy way. (And those 6 pounds are almost gone, that ended up being mostly water weight from *that* time of the month)

I'm going to break into the 170's soon. And when I do, present time. Must think of a present I want.

4 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I have the same reaction -- EAT! I once took on about 8 pounds in a week and then felt completely miserable. Hope the stress lightens up a bit.
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I find that if I skip a meal, I somehow get cravings to make up for it. Can't outsmart the brain or the stomach.

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

You pretty much mirrored my last month...foodwise and stresswise.

I know I put on weight this month and I've been too nervous to go near the scale. Now that Vegas is behind me though, no excuses. My father's recent 6-way bypass is a wakeup call I can't ignore.

I have to tell you that you are such the powerhouse...at work and in this. Seeing you skinny, I couldn't imagine you as heavy at all--if there is anything huge about you now it's how inspirational you are!!!!!!!

Simply put, YOU ROCK!